Physician wellness is a science. To facilitate access to academic literature on physician wellness, a series of curated PubMed search links are available below. These links include monthly updates of new publications, a comprehensive search of publications, and targeted searches on a series of specific topics. When you click on a link, the displayed results will automatically update to include the most recently added literature.
These links are free for your use. Some full-text publications will be publicly available simply by clicking on the links in the searches below. If they are not publicly available, full-text articles may be accessed through the following organizations:
University of Alberta/University of Calgary: if you are affiliated with a University, full-text publications can be accessed through your University library at library.ualberta.ca or library.ucalgary.ca
Alberta Health Services (AHS): if you are affiliated with AHS, full-text publications can be accessed through AHS’s Knowledge Resource Service at krs.libguides.com/home
Canadian Medical Association (CMA): If you are a CMA member, full-text publications can be accessed through the CMA at joulecma.ca/evidence
Librarian support can also be accessed through these organizations should you require assistance in developing or revising search strategies.
1) Monthly update of physician wellness literature - February 2023
2) Comprehensive search on physician wellness literature
3) Targeted search - Review Articles about Burnout
4) Targeted search - Resilience and Coping Strategies
5) Targeted search - Self-Care/Peer Support/Support Groups
6) Targeted search - Adverse Events/Second Victim/Compassion Fatigue/Medical Errors/Litigation Stress
7) Targeted search - Costs of Burnout
8) Targeted search - Electronic Health Records and Physician Wellness